Born and raised in New York City, David was first drawn to photography by the storytelling aspects of the still image. He got his start in film and photography as a child making 8mm short films.
While attending the High School of Music and Art and the Performing Arts in New York City, his love for the still image grew. Upon graduating from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts, with a BFA in Photography, David launched his professional career as a photographer. Initially working on documentary projects and shooting for The New York Times, he later shifted into commercial applications of the art, focusing on fashion and beauty.
Always continuing with his personal work and finding inspiration in shapes, texture and light David has done a series of abstract architectural work and most recently a collaborative series with artist, Judy Lipman Shechter.
Commercial clients include:
Urban Zen by Donna Karan
New York Times
Kitchen Toke Magazine
Soap & Paper Factory
David’s work has been exhibited at:
● Rockland Art Museum, “Midwestern Biennial” 2018, Rockford, IL
● Masur Museum Of Art, 2017 Monroe, LA
● Armstrong Fine Art Gallery, 2017 Savannah, GA
● Christopher Art Gallery, 2017 Chicago Heights, IL
● Marin Museum Of Contemporary Art, 2016 Novato, CA
● “Obscure New York” Daimaru Gallery, 2011 Tokyo, Japan
● “Nippon Progeny” Gulf And Western Gallery, 1996 New York, NY
Follow me on Instagram